Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The ABCs of First Grade (A Link-Up)

As I was scrolling through Instagram today I noticed that First Grade Stripes posted a link-up party with other first grade blogs. You might be asking yourself, "What is this?". Well let me tell you, it's AWESOME-SAUCE! This is where different bloggers all link together and blog about the same topic. So I thought, "Hey self! We've got time today. Let's do this!" So stop reading this and get to scrolling down to see my ABCs of first grade. You can click on the banner below to go to an original post about this or scroll down to the bottom for a chance to join!

First Grade Stripe's post

Here we go!
Active- 1st graders are constantly active. We have to be moving!
Balls- Recess balls are plentiful at the beginning of the year....not so much at the end.
Centers- We do these daily for reading and as often as possible for math!

DIRT- This is our Daily Individual Reading Time.
Eraser- "Do you have an eraser? Can I have an eraser?" Are there ever enough?
Friends- We are all about making friends and learning how to be a good friend

Gonoodle- One of the best internet inventions ever! Free brain breaks and activities.
Hands-on- We. Must. Touch. Things! You know this is true.
Illustrate- I push kids to express their writing with detailed illustrations.

Jokes- They are always being told. We work on having them make sense ;)
Kindness- #kindnessmatters and must be taught
Laughter- Always acceptable (as long as it's not meant to be hurtful)

Messy- Scraps, and pencils, and papers, OH MY!
Non-Fiction- This has been a big push and my kids eat it up.
Owls- This has been my theme for the last couple of years.

Pencils- We never have enough sharpened.
Quality- We learn that quality is better than quantity.
Recess- We will take it any way we can and any time we can!

Smiles- Nothing makes your day better than a 1st grader smile!
Talking- Yes we talk, and we talk a lot!
Up- Remember how I said we are hands-on? We are also always up & down!

Victory- We celebrate everyone's victories, big or small.
Whisper- Such an important concept but so hard to master.
eXpo- If you love a teacher, get them Expo markers!

Yes- It is perfectly okay to use this word often. "No" is not always necessary!
Zippers - While wonderful....nothing says frustration like trying to get 22 winter coats zipped while they are wanting to get outside to recess.

So there you have it. My ABCs of first grade! I hope you've enjoyed them. I'm sure you were thinking of your own words as you went down the list. If you'd like to participate you can grab the image below, click on the picture of the frame I used to get my frames, or create your own! Be sure to go back to First Grade Stripes post so you can link up with us!






Grab these frames






4 comments:

  1. This is hilarious Ashley! I LOVE it! L is for Love! Yes, jokes, erasers, laughs, kindness, and those zippers! One of many reasons why I also love first grade! Thank you for linking up with us! Keep up the good work!

    All the best!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I loved the opportunity to link up! Thanks for all your great posts!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up with us, Ashley!!! Absolutely love your post!! How could I have forgotten GoNoodle!! So perfect!! So glad you joined us for the ABC's of 1st grade!!! xoxo, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! This was such a fun post! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete