Sunday, July 26, 2015

Summer Update - Fun trips, fun gadgets, and a FUN new app!

Where has the summer gone? We are nearing the end of July and it seems like it was just yesterday we were beginning summer and I was getting ready for Summer Camp. As you can see from my lack of blogging I've been a busy bee working on other items. So here's a quick update with all of the FUNderful (See what I did there? fun + wonderful) points of my summer thus far.

1. FUN TRIPS
While I haven't really gotten a chance to travel this summer I was able to get back home for a little bubble fun this weekend. I met up with a best friend and we rocked the Bubble Run at the KC speedway! I've done Color Runs, an Electric Run, and now a Bubble Run and this was definitely a run(walk) we'll be doing again!


I have also just scheduled a visit to Salt Lake City, UT for their ComiCon!!! Chris Evans is going to be there and I will be getting up close and personal :)

2. FUN GADGETS
If you are like me you are constantly on your phone. From school email, personal email, Facebook, Instagram, games, pictures, Periscope (read below), music and more, my poor phone was struggling to keep up. Getting tired of the constant reminder I was almost out of storage.....I slumped into Verizon and skipped out with a new phone, Vivofit, and a tablet. Let's say Verizon won me over with a package I couldn't pass up. So while I am rocking away on my new phone (with a beautiful new case) my kids can use my new tablet for AR tests, rewards, and photography for the blog!
      

3. FUN APP!
Here is my favorite part of this summer. I took the leap and got on the Periscope app after seeing all my fellow teachers post about it on Instagram after the TpT Vegas event. Well let me tell you "I. AM. HOOKED!" This app lets you connect with others, watch live streaming videos from them or post your own, and comment to interact. So far I've followed and connected with a ton of different teachers in different grades across the country. I've posted a few short scopes (videos) but I have watched at least 10x that many scopes. I've gotten ideas for WBT teaching which inspired a book purchase as well as ideas for center management. I can't wait to see what new things I learn through the use of this app!
 

 
Center management tips from Elementary Shenanigans
Great tips from Angie @ Lucky Little Learners

Here's to my FUNtastic summer. I hope that you are enjoying yours as well. Don't forget to hope on to Periscope and give me a follow. I promise to follow back!


2 comments:

  1. Hola! What do you think of your Vivofit so far? I was comparing them to FitBit. I am hoping to get one or the other by the end of August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking it so far. It's taken some getting used to. I never really wear anything on my wrists lol. It has kept me aware of my steps and sleep and that has been really eye-opening! I say, "Go for it!".

      Delete