Thursday, July 30, 2015

Tackling my Super Improver Wall

Hey there! Let me tell you, I have been a busy bee today. Not only did I get to the park for a little while but I've managed to do breakfast and lunch (my busy friends know how hard it can be to fit multiple meals into a day), laundry and a TpT item! I am so proud of myself today for tackling my Super Improver Wall cards.

So what is a Super Improver Wall (SIW) anways??? Good question! It's a bulletin display of different levels and comes from the great minds behind Whole Brain Teaching (WBT). Students move up the levels as they show improvement on their goals. This isn't a reward system but more like a gaming system. Think about it...When you play a video game you don't get a reward when you beat a level, you simply get to go up to the next level. This works the same way with one catch. There is a photo opporotunity at levels 5 and 6. (I got this idea from the wonderful Mrs. Shipley) Student's goals are academic and behaviorally based. So in order to move up through the levels they must be showing improvement behaviorally and academically! Some people choose to give their levels different names like "Learner, Rockstar, Genius" etc. I chose to stick with simple levels.


 I also made some student cards to go along with it. Students will use these cards as they move through the levels. I plan to print them off in the color of the level they are on. Then as students show progress on their goals they'll get to cross off one of the 10 owls at the bottom of the cards.

Once all 10 owls are crossed off they get to take that card home and will move to the next level. Those that reach level 10 get a slightly fancier card that will be printed in color!

I am super excited to jump into Whole Brain Teaching. If you are as excited as I am and would like to grab these owl themed resources click on the picture below to head to my TpT store and grab them up! The level cards and student cards are both editable! Just make sure you've downloaded the mentioned KG font (Which you can do for free!)

TpT product

Happy shopping and enjoy your Thursday evening ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment