Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Little Dancing Never Hurt Anyone

As I've started preparing for school my mind has drifted towards music, dancing, and recess! The last couple of years I've utilized Youtube. There are so many videos out there that can be used for help with instruction, brain breaks, and of course indoor recess. There are always those kids who are going to be leery of participating. This can be overcome with teacher participation. Nothing gets kids more pumped than their teacher jumping around acting crazy with them. I love music. I love to dance. My kids always learn this quickly!

While laying in bed, playing on Pinterest of course, I ran across a dance video. This sparked my interest to look for more videos to add to my school dance playlists on YouTube. One video undoubtedly turned into 10 videos. An hour and a half later, 10+ new videos, and countless songs stuck in my head, I was finally forced to head to sleep.







While this playlist is a work in progress, I know that I've got a great group of videos to start with. There are videos I can use to teach following directions and ones that are purely to get some exercise in.

Here's dancing, new ideas, and the internet!

P.S
Teachers: What's your go to for brain breaks and indoor recess?
Parents: How do your kids like to get their energy out?

No comments:

Post a Comment