Friday, December 11, 2015

Farewell Week and a Little Guessing

Hey all!  This has been an exciting, yet sad week, that has been packed with learning. This week we discussed names of places and how they require a capital letter when they name a specific place. We then got to make our own place to create a map of a made up town. We may have ended up with multiple Walmarts but each had a capital letter starting its name :)

This week we also worked on riddles. We practiced the riddle components and then challenged each other to create a riddle. Each student picked an item that is in our room. We gave three clues and then posed the question, "What am I?". Below you will find our riddles. Can you figure out what was described? Answers are provided in the form of pictures at the end of the post. Take your chances, and don't be tempted to scroll down until you've figured out each one!
Riddle #1
I am gray. I can be in a zoo. I am a stuf anuml. What am I?

Riddle #2
I am bule9blue). I hang from the seling(ceiling). I sleep in the day. What am I?

Riddle #3
I have alot of colors. I am blue. I have the word Kansas. What am I?

Riddle #4
My color is tan. I have a chair. I have a nametag. What am I?

Riddle #5
I am rond(round). I show crtrys(countries) and stats(states). I show China. What am I?

Riddle #6
I am gree(green). I have four legs. I have to erys (ears). What am I?

Riddle #7
I have head fonss(phones). I have a mouse. I have a keuaborde(keyboard). What am I?

Riddle #8
I am black. I have stapils. I am metl(metal). What am I?

Riddle #9
I am rownd (round). I have crunches (countries). I have a srcl (circle). What am I?

Riddle #10
I am purple. It is in a dox (box). I am in the clas rom (classroom). What am I?

Riddle #11
I haf (have) wings. I haf(have) a dec(beak). I haf(have) fedrat(feathers) What am I?

Riddle #12
It is where we put are(our) backpacks. It is where we put are (our) stf (stuff) in. It is what we put backpacks on a huck(hook). What am I?

Riddle #13
I am green. I hav(have) lins(lines). I hav staf(stuff) on me. What am I?

Riddle #14
I have letters. You can see what order it is. They have ten frames. What am I?

We end this week feeling both happy and sad. Today, our intern from K-State is leaving us to graduate. Mr. Rodriguez has been a great addition to our room this semester. There were definitely some tears shed but we know that this is a necessary step so he can have his own classroom. Students have secretly been working on a book of adivce to help him in his own room. He loved the gift! We had to celebrate with pictures that we can look back at the rest of the year!

 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
Here's to a great weekend, time with family and friends, and great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment